Google Geocoding API error: The request was denied.
Stanley, located in the Northeastern section of the County, was originally known as Brevard Station. In 1860 a Depot called Brevard’s Station, named for the original landowners, the Alexander Brevard family was situated on the Wilmington, Charlotte, & Rutherford Railroad. In 1879 Brevard Station, was incorporated and in 1893 an amendment changed the town’s name to Stanley Creek. The city acquired its name indirectly from a Mr. Stanley who, in the 1700’s, searched for gold in a creek on his property in the area. In 1891 a cotton mill was established bearing the name Stanley Creek Cotton Mills. Another revision to the charter was made in 1911 changing the town’s name to Stanley, as it is known today.
- Street: 114 S. Main St.
- City: Stanley, NC
- Telephone: 704-263-4779